Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Great Opportunity!!

If you can't travel the world you can bring the world to you.  That was my mom's philosophy and the reason we grew up hosting international visitors and students throughout my childhood. I even spent a summer in Spain visiting the family of a student we hosted and earned Foreign Language Sterling Scholar because of it.  Life changing! and the reason I am so excited to be involved in sharing my passion with all of you as an international coordinator.

I need 5 volunteer families to host international exchange students in the Sevier District for the 2013/14 school year. 

Students come from Europe, Asia, South America, Middle East and more and they have to pass the highest of standards to be able to come here.  They are expected to go to school full time and participate fully in American life.  They also have their own spending money and health insurance.

If you or your children have an interest in learning a particular culture, or if you served a mission there, you can request which nationality you would like to host.

Families with young children and/or teens make great host families!! I believe this is one of the best educational experiences we can give our children and a great way to make new friends for life.

Call me soon if you are interested or have questions,
Laura Christensen
435-558-9464 (cell)
blkba460@msn.com


No comments:

Post a Comment